How To Make A Quick And Easy Pizza
Cooking something exciting every day is hard, often impossible but that doesn’t mean you have to be stuck with the same old food day-in-day-out. You can make a change to your routine without upsetting anyone with our quick and easy guide to making pizza!
Pizza is a pretty dynamic meal. It can be both healthy and unhealthy at the same time, making it perfect for large family meals. The margarita pizza is always a hit and it only takes around 30 minutes to make from scratch!
For the base you will need;
- 300g strong bread flour
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
For the sauce you will need;
- 100ml passata
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
For the toppings, you can use;
- 125g of sliced mozzarella
- Handful of grated parmesan
- Anything else you want to add!
How To Make It
Step 1 – Make the base!
- Put all the flour into a large bowl with the yeast and salt.
- Pour 200ml of warm (not hot!) water and olive oil and mix until you have a wet dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Cover the base with a bowl/towel or shrink-wrap until ready to use.
Step 2 – Make the sauce!
- Mix all of the passata, basil and garlic then season to taste.
- Leave at room temperature until ready to use.
Step 3 – Shape the base!
- If the dough has risen, knead until flat.
- Split it into two balls and roll them out on a floured surface.
- Ensure to roll them into thin large round circle (roughly 25cm across).
- Place them onto floured baking sheets.
Step 4 – Top and Bake!
- Heat the oven to 240°C (fan).
- Spread the sauce over the base, scatter the cheese evenly and add the toppings of your choice evenly over the base.
- Put one pizza in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
- Drizzle with oil if desired and repeat with the second pizza.