The soft industrial look is often found in converted warehouses, mills and modern office blocks with beautiful large windows, exposed steels and brickwork, complimented with copper pendent lighting but believe it or not this also looks brilliant in a bathroom.
Interior stylists all over the globe are still loving the copper/Industrial trend and making features of your bricks and pipes rather than hiding them away. Coupled with soft furnishings the Industrial look is a stunning trend in any home.
How can I achieve the Soft Industrial look in my bathroom?
1. Exposed brick work is a great statement piece but if you don’t want to use your original bricks there are lots of ways to achieve the look by using brick effect wallpaper or adhesive brick tiles.
2. Plants, plants and more plants, whether real or artificial will really soften the look and make it feel like home.
3. Mirrors are crucial in any bathroom not only to create the illusion of space but also for practical reasons too. LED mirrors are a great way to bring additional light so that you can compliment it with rustic mood lighting in the form of lanterns.
4. Rounded bathroom items and furniture will also compliment the overall look and feel and soften the harshness of the brick and copper.
5. Here in our RAK series 600 we decided to use a curved freestanding bath to further create the impression of Industrial chic and whisk you away to your Manhattan penthouse. Who said luxury bathrooms were only for the film stars?
6. Lighting is super important and using copper or brushed steel fittings will be the finishing touches to the Industrial look.
7. Accessorise and feel free to add bold soft colours that are completely contrasting to the exposed brick and pipework. What better excuse to start trawling the charity shops for beautiful ornaments that will give your bathroom it’s unique look. Better still have a look in your family attic for any heirlooms or ornaments that just need a bit of tlc.
So if we’ve tempted you to give the Soft Industrial look a try there are so many ways to achieve it, counter top basins are a great feature and if you’re looking for space saving options there are lots of furniture combinations that will work well too.
Please do share your photos and tips as we’d love to hear from you and we hope you’ve found our post useful.